Past Events 2012
Event - Past Events 2012
* 12 October 2012 Snowden – Varied speakers, helped celebrate the mining industry and our 25th anniversary year with a selection of the top photographs from this year’s Snowden photo competition. Willie Creek Pearls did mini ‘Pearl Appreciation’ presentations throughout the evening.
* 27 September 2012 Cliffs Natural Resources – 3 short presentations from Sally Goodman, Jargalan Sereenen, and Sarah Jones on their experiences in the mining industry – in Kalgoorlie.
* 14 September 2012 One Day Seminar for women in resources –
“Toolkit for the Future”. Various sponsors and various speakers.
An ongoing success story!
Click here to find out more about the Seminar
* 7 August 2012 ABM Resources in Conjunction with WASM Graduates Association – Diggers & Dealers.
* 3 August 2012 SRK Consulting – Expressing your leadership capability through community service. Guest Speakers: Ms Ailan Tran – Executive Adviser, External Affairs and Approvals, Hancock Prospecting and WA Director for the Hunger project.
* 5 July 2012 Oakajee Port and Rai – Oakajee Port and Rail presents a broad overview on Indigenous, Government, Community and Environmental stakeholder engagement. Guest Speakers: Roz Davies – Indigenous Affairs Manager; Louise Watson – Environment Manager; Mikayla Banks – Indigenous Heritage Coordinator; Kim Pervan – General Manager, Government and Community Relations.
* 22 June 2012 acQuire Technology Solutions – Discussion about the life-changing work of the institute and touch upon some key achievements – A special presentation by Dr Rebecca Glauert and Dr Desiree Silva, who are leading researchers at the Telethon Institute for Child Health Research.
* 1 June 2012 BHP Billiton – The high tea provided an excellent opportunity for women working within the mining industry to meet, network and learn from inspirational guest speakers: Kelly Howlet, Belinda Stuckenberg, Natasha Cann.
* 17 May 2012 Freehills’ alumni, Rubini Ventouras, now Group Executive Legal Affairs Asia Pacific at Newmont Mining Corporation shared some of the challenges that come with working across different jurisdictions and cultures.
* 19 April 2012 Archae-Aus and Bankwest – Uncovering the Pilbara’s past and glimpsing WA’s economic future. Speakers: Fiona Hook – 2011 WA Telstra Women’s Awards finalist and founder of leading cultural heritage management company and Alan Langford – Bankwest Chief Economist.
* 8 March 2012 Chamber of Minerals and Energy WA – Women in Resources Awards and International Women’s Day – Ms Nicole Hollows, former Chief Executive of Macarthur Coal Limited gave a keynote address, followed by