Past Events 2011
Event - Past Events 2011
* 14 December 2011 From Kal to Jo-burg: Melissa Price (Crosslands Resources) and Adel Van Der Walt (Clayton Utz) discuss their contrasting career paths as Women in Mining.
* 17 November 2011 Digirock and WIMWA presented an evening on
Indigenous employment for the future.
* 10 November 2011 LunchBox List’s – “Resourceful Women” presented by
BHP Billiton Iron Ore.
* 28 September 2011 BHP Billiton presents “Voices from Three Different Generations of Women – are they the same?” – A panel of inspiring women share their personal experiences within the resource industry.
* 9 September 2011 WIMWA presents a one day seminar – “Making the most of opportunities”.
Click here to find out more about the Seminar
* 2 August 2011 ABM Resources sponsors Diggers and Dealers – Celebrate the contribution of women to the mining and exploration industry.
* 29 July 2011 Minter Ellison sponsors – “Corporate Governance: tips and traps for potential or new directors considering joining or aspiring to join boards in the wake of the new ASX diversity guidelines. To open up discussion and awareness, particularly among women in the junior resources sector and associated professional services.” – Dr Vanessa Guthrie, Executive Manager Toro Energy’s Wiluna project.
* 24 June 2011 WIMWA Paraburdoo – Steel Caps and Stilettos.
Well done to Jo Barron-Perry and the rest of the Rio team for putting on such a successful event.
The challenge is on for the next regional event.
It doesn’t have to compete with this but if you are interested in organising something in your area put your hand up – if you let me know we can provide support. It just takes someone to get up and do it!
For more info about the Rio event please contact:
Media & communications advisor – External Relations
Rio Tinto Dampier, PO Box 21, Dampier 6713, Western Australia
T: +61 (0) 8 9143 5397 M: +61 (0) 419 933 631 F: +61 (0) 8 9143 5190 Rebecca.Murphy2@riotinto.com
* 19 May 2011 The Hunger Project’s “Unleashed Women Leaders Initiative”
A special presentation by Ailan Tran – Building a community of leaders to end world hunger! Sponsored by Hancock.
* 14 April 2011 Xstract Mining Consultants – Technical Due Diligence – What does it really mean?
* 8 March 2011 Chamber of Minerals and Energy WA – Women in Resources Awards and International Women’s Day