Past Events 2013
Event - Past Events 2013
* 21 June 2013 Wrays and WIMWA. Personal Branding: Building and leveraging your professional profile. Jo Woodfield, Group Head of Wrays Brand, Research and Culture services.Jo spoke about the do’s and don’ts of personal branding; reputation and identity management (online, offline); and quality networking, identified opportunities and authenticity.
* 15 June 2013 Fortescue Metals Group and WIMWA Pilbara Networking Group. The Girl in the Steel Capped Boots and Hard Hat, Loretta Hill. Loretta Hill, a Perth-based author acclaimed for her women’s fiction novels The Girl in the Steel Capped Boots and The Girl in the Hard Hat to talk about her own experience working as a woman in the mining industry and about her books and how she came to publishing them.
* 7 June 2013 Department of Mines and Petroleum. Unconventional Gas – What’s all the fuss about? Michelle Andrews, Deputy Director General, Strategic Policy, gave an overview of the State Government’s strategy for the emerging shale industry in Western Australia. Kim Anderson, General Manager, gave a presentation and answered questions on the environmental issues surrounding unconventional gas.
* 17 May 2013 WITWA and Hays Recruitment. “What makes a good employer for women?” is the question we put to a panel of speakers from a variety of perspectives; industry, policy and recruitment. It was followed by a Q&A, where you could ask questions and discuss the issues relevant to you.
* 21 March 2013 Morgan Stanley. Successful Women Invest In Themselves. Rachael Green and Carol Yiannopoulos discussed a simple step by step approach that you can implement to provide yourself with the foundation for building your future financial security.
* 8 March 2013 CMEWA. Women in Resources Awards.
* 15 February 2013 Toro Energy and Clayton Utz. “Uranium – What’s all the fuss…!” Dr Vanessa Guthrie, was recently appointed Managing Director and Erica Smyth, Chairman of the Toro Energy Board of Directors shared the challenges of Developing a Uranium Mine in Western Australia and the Market and Future of Uranium Mining in Australia. Possibly, the first ASX listed company with a female chairperson and a female CEO – even more unusual for a mining company!